Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Right Thing

"Conversation with God also leads us to praise, adore, and love Him nonstop for being so good and so perfect. We should never let our sins discourage us or shut us off. Instead, we should pray for God's favor and be confident that His grace is ours because we rest on the merit of Jesus Christ. It's all about Him, not us." (Practicing God's Presence, Brother Lawrence)

This was awesome to me. So many times i've let my sin discourage me from coming to God. For one, sin does separate you from God but because of what Jesus did on the cross, we are set free from that and we can come before His throne with confidence. I compare it to when I did something wrong or bad when I was a kid and I would try to hide it from my parents so I wouldn't get in trouble or because I was ashamed. But God is not my parents..he's much bigger than that.

I'm going to rest in the fact, in the TRUTH, that He loves me and I am made complete in that Love. Leave the worries behind and just trust and rest. I make things harder than they are don't I?

No comments: